The vast majority of courses go without a hitch, but please read and understand the Terms And Conditions below prior to booking, so we both know where we stand and how the course works.
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below.
By booking a course of driving lessons with Driving Portal you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
•‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
•‘we’ ‘us’ means The instructor of Driving Portal.
•‘the driving school’ means the driving school or driving instructor providing the course for you
•‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course
Terms & Conditions
1. Each course is for the total amount of hours booked. The total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test and drive home at the end of the course. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate (this can be agreed between you the pupil and your instructor, normally £25).
2. If transport to the theory test centre is required during a lesson, this will form part of your lesson time, from when you arrive in the car until we drop you off home after the theory test. Transport to the theory centre will be arranged only if requested, as we will need to make sure the lesson times sync up with the test time.
3. All pupils must pass the legal required eye sight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will be conducted by your driving instructor on the first lesson, should you fail the eyesight check the course would have to be abandoned until you have corrected your eyesight. Any agreed hours booked in with the instructor would be lost.
4. If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee and will not be offered a refund.
5. The prices quoted on the course guide include any tests you need, which we book and organise for you. The cost of your theory test retest is £30. The cost of your practical test retest is usually £75 on a weekday, however tests offered at weekends, or outside of normal working hours is £110. Extended driving tests are £62 extra on top of the standard above fee’s, and we should be notified on booking if you require an extended driving test, so we can send you the correct invoice for deposit payment. Once these tests are booked for you they are non refundable. Please note you can book these tests yourself for less (£23 for a theory test or £62 for a standard weekday practical driving test, £75 for a weekend test or £124 for an extended test) on the official DVSA booking website, but you would have to generally wait on the standard waiting list, for example 6 to 12 weeks for a practical, plus find your own cancellations. You are paying us including your lesson costs to manage your booking which includes obtaining quick cancellations for both the theory and practical tests
6. All deposits paid are non-refundable if the course is cancelled by the pupil once an instructor has been reserved by Driving Portal. Driving instructors are self employed business men and women and a cancellation of the course leaves the driving instructor without any income for that week once we have already reserved them for you as requested on booking. Courses may be rescheduled for a later date at the instructors discretion.
7. Once the course hours have been organised into the driving instructors diary, If a pupil then cancels a driving day and it is less than 1 full clear week from the lesson due date, then those lessons will be forefitted and time lost. We cannot rearrange a course once you have agreed the times with the driving instructor at short notice.
8. If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show , then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate of £25.
9. When taking a crash driving course it is not possible to drive continuously, therefore, short breaks will be arranged between you the pupil and your instructor, the total time you book with us includes break times and time to hire the car for the practical test and drive you home.
10. Driving Portal also act as a booking and administrative agent for driving instructors / schools registered with us, who teach intensive and semi-intensive driving courses in Cardiff and surrounding areas.
11. All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities from past client experience and are a rough guide only. No guarantees can be implied by any advisor or instructor. You should be prepared for extra tuition if it is felt that it is required before you are allowed to safely attend the driving test.
12. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test and we have been informed of the theory pass number.
13. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). All attempts will be made by us to secure a practical test local to the pupil. If no test slots become available for the final day of your course then you may save a few hours and return a following week to take your test, once a suitable test slot has been found. Test centres may be closed on weekends and bank holidays. We cannot guarantee a test for any specific day but normally get one at the end of your course week or early the week after if the test centre is fully operational. Please be aware this may require more of your time to complete the driving course at a later date than you originally plannned.
14. The contract of the Crash Course / Intensive Course is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Any disputes or claims should therefore be taken up with the instructor firstly and not Driving Portal. Driving Portal cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil, nor can it be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor.
15. The deposit (part payment) for your course is payable on booking a course to Driving Portal, which allows us to book your tests in advance and reserve an instructor. The deposit is not the full balance.
16. The remaining balance of any course is payable directly to the instructor whom is teaching you by the first day of the course. Failure be be able to pay for the course remaining balance on the first lesson or when requested will result in immediate course cancellation, you will lose the deposit paid. Should you pay the remaining balance to the driving school then we would only be acting as an intermediary and would transfer the money to the allocated instructor you are paying for the driving course.
17. In the unlikely event that we cannot fulfil your booking and allocate you an instructor, a full refund of the deposit will be given.
18. In the unlikely event of the instructors vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time and outstanding test fees will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged. Lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
20. Driving Portal and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any losses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons – driving course or driving test cancellation due to bad weather, for example snow or ice, examinerer illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, vehicle breakdown & sudden product recall on vehicles. Where possible your instructor will arrange another date to finish the course off in the event of any of the above scenarios.
1. All courses undertaken with a DVSA registered self employed instructors are on an individual basis.
2. We do not offer shared courses e.g. 2 pupils in the car.
3. No guarantee can be made of test availability. In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. No refunds of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible / liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost, you may need to purchase additional lessons to retake the test. You may be able to claim reimbursement of some lesson time off the DVSA in certain circumstances.
4. Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund will be made in these circumstances.
5. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.
6. The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. Driving Portal cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
7. The driving instructor will not smoke in the training vehicle.
8. Refreshment breaks will form part of your daily tuition period.
9. The driving instructor will not use a mobile telephone, except in an emergency, or in the interest of, or with the permission of the pupil.
10. The training vehicle will be in good working order and will be fitted with dual controls.
11. All special offers and course/lesson prices maybe subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company.
12. If a gift voucher is supplied by Driving Portal, then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
13. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 1 month if you have to reschedule some of the hours, at the instructors discretion. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
14. When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements, you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m or 67ft.
2. You satisfy the DSVA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3. You fill out the booking form correctly so that we can carry out our administration duties.
4. You make us aware before booking of any health issues either mental or physical which may affect your ability to perform as expected on an intensive driving course.
5. You agree the full course hours and make a note of the hours that have been agreed with the driving instructor (minus the final few hours if we need to save some for a driving test to be arranged) on the initial phone call with the instructor. If these are not satisfactory please call us at this point so that we can arrange an alternative instructor or discuss alternatives. If we are notified at the office, once the course has begun that you cannot do certain times and dates, or the instructor cannot complete the course with you in a certain time scale, then we are powerless to try to move the course to another local instructor.
6. You agree to book time off work only once the hours have been agreed in full with an instructor who has called you.
7. You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for 20 minutes for a pupil at the agreed meeting point, if you are not in the car within 20 minutes of the agreed meeting time, and haven’t made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated with you and move on to another lesson. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be forfeited.
8. You attend the theory test and practical test on time and take both parts of a valid provisional driving license with you when you attend. Theory test booking conformations will be sent via email to the email address you provide for us on your booking form. Failure to attend will result in loss of the test fee and you will have to pay for the next one.
9. You email us at , (our email address) or call us on the website phone numbers with your theory pass number as soon as you pass it, so that we can book a practical test on the same day and begin the process of finding you a driving test cancellation.
10. You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of oneweekdriving.com detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid.
11. A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
12. You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school/instructor cannot by law permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
13. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales.
1. Driving Portal is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully – in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998
2. Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law, and will not be sold or passed on to a third party
Questions about the terms & conditions
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us.
Please read the following if you are taking a theory test during your driving course.
Additional terms and conditions from the DVSA website for your theory test bookings (if required).
You must bring the following with you to your test:
your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photocard licence, or your old style valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) paper driving licence and valid passport; (holders of non-UK passports should check that they are eligible to take a driving test here)
It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence. If you do not bring these items with you, or you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
If you need to reschedule your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to reschedule a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
If you need to cancel your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to cancel a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
Please turn up at the test centre 15 minutes before your appointment is due, so that you can check in.
All test centres are audio and visually monitored for quality and security purposes.
Personal Items are NOT allowed into a testing room and must be placed in a locker. Personal items include, but are not limited to: mobile phones, ear pieces/ear phones, laptops/hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other electronic devices, pagers, handbags, purses, wallets, hats, bags, coats, books, revision notes, dictionaries, note paper, pens, watches, food and drink. If you are found with any of the above prohibited items in the testing room, your test will be stopped, you will be asked to leave the premises and will lose your test fee.